- FATE Foundation in partnership with Youth Business International is pleased to launch the Aspiring Entrepreneur Programme to support young Nigerian entrepreneurs with Enterprise training to help them start and grow their businesses. Entrepreneurs would be imparted with the right knowledge and skills they need to be economic leaders in their families and communities. This programme will run all through 2022-2023.
- The programme is funded by the Standard Chartered Foundation and is part of Futuremakers by Standard Chartered, a global initiative to tackle inequality by promoting greater economic inclusion in markets across the globe. Futuremakers supports disadvantaged young people, especially girls and people with visual impairments, to learn new skills and improve their chances of getting a job or starting their own business.
- FATE Foundation aims to support 320 young Tertiary Education students in their penultimate/Final year and Persons with Disabilities (PWDs) that are entrepreneurs to improve the transition from ideation to entrepreneurship rates for the selected entrepreneurs, enable the start of new businesses that will potentially create at least 2-3 more job opportunities aside from the founder, enable the development of sustainable businesses due to strong enterprise knowledge foundation and enabling the entrepreneurial ecosystem support to scale youth entrepreneurship in Nigeria.
- FATE Foundation is providing a holistic package and activities that will be implemented during the programme such as Enterprise training (covering key topics such as business model canvas, financial literacy, digital strategies, soft skills, legal & tax requirements, and operations management) ; Business formalization, mentoring support, Advisory and business support to enable the development of a business plan; and Placement for youth entrepreneurs with already existing entrepreneurs/ businesses in their field for a 4-12-week period so that they get firsthand experience of running a business.
- The PWDs cohort would be implemented in Partnership with Project Enable Africa in Lagos.
- The programme will be supporting two sets of beneficiaries, ages between 18-35 in Lagos, Ogun, Oyo and Ekiti: Female and Youth entrepreneurs (those in their penultimate and final year in public tertiary institutions with viable business ideas) and Persons with Disabilities (PWDs).
The key target segments are:
- Students in the penultimate final year in public tertiary institutions in Lagos, Ogun, Oyo and Ekiti states
- Youth Aged 18-35
- PWDs Entrepreneurs
Additional Post Programme Benefits:
- Enterprise Training and Capacity Building
- Growth and Advisory Support
- Business Formalization
- Mentorship and Placement
- Access to Free Business Support Tools & Applications
- Funding and Market Linkages
- Membership of FATE Alumni Network