Position for the Scale Lead at FATE Foundation
Are you passionate about enabling the Nigerian entrepreneurship ecosystem? Do you have experience providing knowledge and business support to Nigerian entrepreneurs? Are you interested in scaling high growth potential Nigerian entrepreneurs to positively impact their local and national economies? If yes, this position might be for you.
FATE Foundation is seeking to fill the position of the Lead, Scale Unit for immediate hire. The Head of the Scale Unit will be a member of the FATE management team and will lead the delivery of the Foundationʼs growth and scale programmes particularly the Emerging Entrepreneurs Programme (EEP), and the ScaleUp Lab accelerator programmes. Other key responsibilities include:
- Leading the development and implementation of the unitʼs mid to long term strategy.
- Overseeing the required research and analysis to conduct the needs assessment of key target audience particularly high growth potential entrepreneurs and determining how to incorporate these findings into overall programme design and implementation
- Oversee the design, delivery and documentation of the curriculum of the EEP and ScaleUp Lab programmes including definition of learning outcomes, objectives, pedagogy, faculty requirements and lesson slides/plans.
- Providing guidance to the monitoring, evaluation and learning process for the entrepreneurs within the EEP and ScaleUp
- Defining the growth and accelerator programme requirements for the EEP and the ScaleUp
- Serve as the Lead marketer for the EEP ensuring the enrolment of target participants in line with target and focus
- Serve as the key Account Manager for the Scale Unit funders, partners and stakeholders by effectively managing the relationships between key donors, technical partners, institutional and individual stakeholders, volunteers (faculty, mentor, advisors) and entrepreneurs as required for the
- Support the fundraising for the unit programmes while also developing and effectively managing the unitʼs.
Skills and Competencies
- Must love entrepreneurs!
- Experience with developing and managing accelerator
- Demonstrated ability to develop and review business plans, strategy reports and financial plans for small and growing businesses or business programs/units.
- Proven abilities to design/deliver adult learning programmes including facilitation and presentation
- Strong proficiencies in Microsoft office productivity tools particularly MS PowerPoint, Excel and Word.
- Entrepreneurial and creative mindset is a
- High level of emotional intelligence and ability to effectively engage with C- Level
- Very strong organizational and people management
- Strong job ownership, accountability and effective follow up
- Very strong written and verbal communication
- Good team
Qualifications and Requirements
- A first degree from an accredited university. Masterʼs degree in a relevant discipline will be an added
- Five (5) to Eight (8) years work experience within an enterprise focused non-profit environment, an enterprise support organization, entrepreneurial experience or leading a growing business or
- At least three (3) years of managerial
- Experience with financial management/analysis strongly
FATE Foundation is a non-profit organisation founded in 2000 by Mr. Fola Adeola (Founder and Pioneer MD/CEO, GTBank) with a mission to foster wealth creation through the provision of business and entrepreneurial development. The organisationʼs focus strategy is broadly aligned towards the approach of starting, growing and scaling businesses while enabling the business environment.
We are an innovative and impact driven organisation with a 19year track record of enabling entrepreneurship and promoting enterprise development.