Announcement of 2022 Job Vacancies at FATE Foundation
FATE Foundation is Nigeria’s foremost enterprise support organisation founded in 2000 by Mr. Fola Adeola (Founder & Pioneer MD/CEO, Guaranty Trust Bank). FATE Foundation’s mission is to empower aspiring and emerging Nigerian entrepreneurs with the skills they need to start, grow and scale their businesses. The organization has reached over 180,000 entrepreneurs across 24 states since inception through her various workshops and flagship programs.
Visit www.fatefoundation.org to learn more about our work.
We are currently recruiting to fill the following full-time vacant positions. Please see below for more details.
- Editorial Associate
- Policy Programs Officer
Job Title: Editorial Associate
Job Summary: We are looking for a good researcher, a strong communicator, and a detail-oriented Editorial Associate who is enthusiastic about developing creative content to support MSMEs in Nigeria.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for developing, managing, and promoting informative, engaging, and inspiring digital and offline content for FATE Foundation.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Design and write articles for the Foundation’s website, e-books, videos, social media post and blogs, podcasts as well as drive traffic and engagement for FATE’s products and services.
- Utilize Search Engine Optimization (SEO) strategies in writing to maximize the online visibility of FATE’s products and services and improve user experience, traffic, and retention.
- Evaluate emerging technologies and provide thought leadership and perspectives for adoption as needed.
- Ensure effective evaluation of the organization’s brand, which includes the styles, designs, and products, by performing a SWOT analysis.
- Build and execute a social media growth strategy and plans through competitive research, platform determination, benchmarking, message and audience identification.
- Suggest and implement new features to develop brand awareness, such as promotions and competitions.
- Utilize various digital publishing platforms to create structured drafts.
- Utilize industry best practices and leverage on the organization’s mission to inspire ideas and content.
- Target content to specific audiences and focus on interesting and trending topics.
Qualifications & Requirements
- 2 years’ work experience as a Content Writer, Content Strategist, Copywriter or a similar role.
- Hands-on experience with content Management System (WordPress, Joomla, Drupal, XSitePro etc.).
- Demonstrated excellence in writing, proofreading, and editing
- Highly creative with a proven ability to create engaging content.
- An in-depth understanding of SEO best practices.
- Very strong verbal and written communication skills, as well as interpersonal skills.
- Ability to handle confidential and information with integrity.
- Ability to collaborate with team members, work independently and meet deadlines.
- Organizational, networking and time management skills.
- Problem solving and analytical, Interpersonal skills.
- Strong proficiencies in Microsoft office suite.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, English, Journalism or related discipline, from an accredited university.
- A portfolio of already published articles and web pages.
Job Title: Policy Programs Officer
Job Overview: We are looking for an analytical, result driven and highly organized Policy Programs Officer with strong interest in the Nigerian entrepreneurship ecosystem and is passionate about policy dialogue and advocacy for Nigerian MSMEs.
The ideal candidate will provide support in designing and implementing the Foundation’s policy dialogue and policy advocacy program initiatives. The candidate is expected to work with considerable independence in his duties and ensure that program and policy objectives are achieved.
The FATE Institute: The FATE institute is the research, policy and advocacy arm of FATE Foundation which leads innovative thinking and creates platforms to enable idea exchange and problem-solving strategies to foster sustainable entrepreneurship in Nigeria.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Help to raise awareness and promote the organization’s policy focused initiatives to peer organizations, think tank and academic networks, government representatives and the private sector.
- Support the Head of Research and Policy to develop policy outcome priorities and implement strategies to achieve them using a wide range of strategies from private advocacy to public or development sector campaigns.
- Support the project management and delivery of our policy dialogue series and policy workshop programs.
- Represent FATE Institute as required on key entrepreneurship policy program groups and platforms.
- Keep abreast of key policy changes and matters that will impact Nigeria’s micro, small and medium enterprise space for the development of policy briefs.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- At least 1-2 years’ professional experience working on policy and advocacy related programs with strong preferences for economic policy, entrepreneurship/MSME policy experience.
- Exceptional written, verbal and interpersonal skills with very strong ability to work in a high paced environment.
- Very strong proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Very good presentation and report writing skills.
- Very good planning and organizational skills.
- Ability to prioritize and multitask effectively.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Strong passion and interest in Nigeria’s entrepreneurship ecosystem.
- Bachelor’s degree in economics, political science international relations, law or public policy is required.
- A master’s degree in the above fields is desired.
- Exciting, fun and growth filled learning environment.
- Opportunity to meet with innovative entrepreneurs and impact Nigeria’s entrepreneurial ecosystem.
- Opportunity to build your digital and financial literacy skills.
- Intentional learning & development opportunities.
- Opportunity to develop and sharpen your personal leadership and communication skills.
- Hands on learning experience, strong job ownership, career and professional growth opportunities.
To Apply: Interested applicants should send their CV and cover letter to [email protected] using the job title “Editorial Associate” as the subject of your email. Please note that only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Application Deadline: Friday, February 18, 2022.