FATE Volunteers are professional men and women who are experienced entrepreneurs and/or professional executives, with a passion for service to work and support the Foundation in various ways without the expectation of pay or other tangible gain.
Key Volunteering opportunities available at FATE include the following:
- Facilitating at FATE’s entrepreneurial training and development programs
- Mentoring and advisory support to entrepreneurs
- Content development support for MSME Hub
- Administrative and operational support during our programs
FATE Foundation through the FATE School of Entrepreneurship offers a practical and detailed curriculum covering a wide range of business knowledge and enterprise development topics for the FATE training programmes particularly the Aspiring Entrepreneurs Programme (AEP), the Emerging Entrepreneurs Programme (EEP), the Special Entrepreneurial Programme (SEP), ScaleUp and other various courses and workshops. Since its inception in 2000, FATE has successfully run these programmes through the dedication of our volunteer Facilitators.
The main purpose of the FATE mentoring programme is to enhance the mentee’s personal and professional development by exposing them to ‘more experienced’ entrepreneurs and professionals who can set them on the right track and give them essential life lessons such as personal development, negotiation, and networking skills, communication skills and business plan development.
Requirements for Mentor/Advisor
For AEP & SEP: Have a minimum of 5 years of fulltime enterprise development experience. OR Must be employed with a reputable company with at least 5 years of management experience.
For EEP & ScaleUp: Have a minimum of 10 years of fulltime enterprise development experience. OR Must be in a C-Level position of a reputable company.
Content on the FATE MSME Hub is made possible through the support of corporate and individual content partners who provide content support e.g. articles, videos, tools, templates, etc. on various Nigerian entrepreneurship-related topics.
Requirements for content contributor
- Have a minimum of 5 years of fulltime enterprise development experience. OR Must be employed with a reputable company with at least 5 years of management experience.
- Have published works related to entrepreneurship or relevant business knowledge.
FATE relies on the volunteer support of individuals to provide administrative, operational and programme management support for her various internal & external programmes and activities.
Requirements for Administrative Support
a. Have a minimum of a Secondary School Certificate (e.g. WAEC)
General Requirement for All Volunteers
- Believe in FATE values (Relationship, Integrity, Service, and Excellence).
- Be willing to undergo a FATE train-the-trainer workshop at FATE.
- Be available for at least two (2) sessions (or 6 hours) per year.
- Provide a professional referral
- Be willing to facilitate pro-bono (at no cost)