Appreciating Our Volunteer for the Month of August
Thank you very much for impacting and supporting entrepreneurs in the month of August, we are grateful.
In the month of August, we organized One Hundred and Nine (109) hours and Forty (40)s minutes of Virtual Sessions via Zoom and Instagram live streaming. We are grateful to you for being part of our story in helping Nigerian business owners to either Start, Grow or Scale their businesses.
Aspiring Entrepreneurs Digital Programme (AEP Digital)
AEP Digital is a pre-incubation program in Partnership with Facebook to help aspiring entrepreneurs build resilience and competitive advantages during this crisis and post this crisis.
AEP digital programme (Cross River and Kwara State) journey continues in the month of August and the impartation of knowledge also continues by our vibrant faculties
Sixty-Two (62) hours was spent in impacting entrepreneurs by the volunteer below:
- Defining your Market Strategy During and Post COVID-19 I & II by Abdulshahid Salau CEO, at Way House
- Digital Strategy I & II by Segun Abodurin CEO, TDX Agency
- Developing a Business Plan, I and II by Jolaade Sulaiman Senior Associate, Deal Advisory at KPMG Advisory Services
- Facebook Business I-IV by Ezinne Uzoije, Digital Consultant Innovation Growth.
- Finance Fundamentals I and Tax Requirement by Jonathan Ikeolumba Partner, at Officelord Consulting
- DIY law: Legal Requirements for Running a Business in Nigeria.
- Finance Fundament II by Joseph Olawale OmowoAccountant, at Lagos State Government.
- Defining your Market Strategy During and Post COVID-19 I & II by Adeniran Tunde Product Leader, at Terragon Group
- Digital Strategy I & II by Chinedu Abili – Mordi Chief Experience Officer, at Vibeoo
- Developing a Business Plan I & II by Fehintoluwa Ibiloye Deal Advisory Services, at KMPG Nigeria
- Facebook Business I –II by Alexander Asomba, Facebook Blueprint Lead Trainer.
- Finance Fundamentals I – IV by Ikenna Nwosu Broker-Dealer Regulation, at The Nigeria Stock
- ExchangeFacebook Business II -IV by Ezinne Uzoije, Digital Consultant Innovation Growth
- Tools and Services for Creating Creative Content by Ezinne Uzoije, Digital Consultant Innovation Growth
- DIY law: Legal Requirements for Running a Business in Nigeria
Agribusiness in Aspiring Entrepreneurs Programme
The Aspiring Entrepreneurs Programme: Agribusiness sponsored by Mitsubishi Corporation targeted at startups in the Agric space between ages 18 and 35 looking to grow their businesses. The 40 entrepreneurs are from across the value chain of the Agricbusiness, from farm to fork.
The entrepreneurs who went through the programme had their virtual business pitch on Saturday 29 August, 2020. Seven (7) hours Forty (40) minutes was spent by the entrepreneurs in pitching their businesses. The expert jury who helped in the pitch exercise to determine the winners were:
- Yemisi Obe: CEO at Prothrive Astute Heights Ltd
- Sheriff Ibrahim: Head Internal Control and Audit at Quantum Zenith
- UyiIma Edomwonyi: Lead Partner atGavrinda Advisory
The Next Economy
The Next Economy empowers Youth in Nigeria, to unleash their talents, build their confidence and hone the skills they need for a successful career in a job or as an entrepreneur.
As the journey into the world of entrepreneurship kick start in the month of August the below volunteer helped in kick-starting the journey for the entrepreneurs
- Introduction to Entrepreneurship by Henrietta Agboola CEO, at House of Henri Limited.
- Challenge Identification in Nigeria Economy by Eromon Jonah Lead Auditor, at West and Central Africa (MSS Global)
The Kingdom of Netherlands sponsored Orange Corners Nigeria, incubation program and we are so excited to announce the commencement of another incubation programme (cohort 3) which started in the month of August.
Special Appreciation to our faculties for volunteering their time and sharing from their wealth of knowledge, the below volunteer spent Six (6) in imparting the newly intake incubates.
- Personality Traits and Entrepreneurship by Rotimi Eyitayo CEO, at TEAMMASTERS LIMITED
- Entrepreneurship Leadership in Crisis by Peter Obadare Co-founder, Digital Encode Limited
- Creativity/Innovation & Design Thinking by Abiola Adegbite CEO, Rana Solar
We are excited to back on track after a long break on our mentorship journey, we are back and better. Due to the Covid-19 pandemic our mentorship journey has been restructured, we have taken a new route in bringing together both the mentor and the mentees.
The below volunteers were available to encourage and share insightful information with mentees through Virtual meeting in the month of August.
- Ayoade Adeyemi Morgan: Lorache Consulting
- Pradeep Pahalwani: CEO at Securisk Insurance Brokers LTD
- OluwaseunOshoniyi: Head of Membership Relations at Lagos Chamber of Commerce & Industry
- Pat Diaku: CEO Oakhill Business Consults Ltd
Content contributor spent four (4) hours impacting entrepreneurs on our MSMEhub Facebook page through a live series “Managing The Effect of Covid-19” in the month of August.
Also, these content contributors also provide articles for the use of entrepreneurs.
- Ekene Mekwunye: Riverside Productions
- Adetola Adebowale: CEOWAPA Apparel
- NdidiObinwanne: Client Success Manager at Squad Digital
- AbolajiOsime: Global International College
- Busola Akin-Olawore: Versa Research
- EdobongAkpabio: CEO VisionageAgrotech Farms Ltd
- Christopher Emoghene: Guaranty Trust Bank
- DIY Law
Emerging Entrepreneurs Programme (EEP) 26: Strategizing for Resilience offers owner-managers the perfect opportunity to re-invent their businesses. This unique edition of EEP is a 12-week long online programme specifically designed to equip business owners with essential knowledge and critical tools that can be applied immediately as they lead their businesses through these tough times.
Volunteers below spent Fourteen (14) hours impacting entrepreneurs in the month of August.
- Strategic Growth Planning I &II by Bambo Adebowale General Manager/Head of Business Development, at Mistubishi Corporation
- Revamping Your Finance: How to Develop a Strategic Budget and Manage Cashflow During Crisis by Kayode Adewuyi Chief Financial Officer, at FMCB Group
- Separating Personal from Business Finances by Doyin Abiola-Tobun Co-founder and Executive Director, at Concrete Lilites
- Understanding the Current Tax Implications of your Business following a Crisis by Adetola Aibangbee Partner, Tax, regulatory and People Services, at KPMG
- Talent Management During and Post the Covid-19 Pandemic by Bolaji Agbede Group Head Human Resources, at Access Bank Plc.
- Digital Transformation Opportunities: Using technology to grow your business during and Post-Covid-19 by Bayo Adesanya Chief Digital Officer, at AXA Mansard Insurance PLC
The ScaleUp Agribusiness Accelerator Programme is a unique accelerator programme developed by FATE Foundation in partnership with African Capital Alliance Foundation, aimed at providing targeted support to growth stage high-potential Nigerian agribusiness entrepreneurs who are looking to scale their businesses, expand their market reach and attract potential investors and strategic partners.
The volunteers below spent Fourteen (14) hours impacting the incubates.
- Scaling Operational Capacity by Sadiq Usman Director, at Flour Mills of Nigeria (FMN) Plc.
- Developing a Scalable Operations Strategy by Lanre Olapoju Associate Director & Head, International Development Assistance Services at KPMG Nigeria
- Technological Prospects for players in Nigerian Agricultural Landscape by Stanley Nwachukwu Training Manager, at International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA)
- Becoming Investor Ready by Olumide Lawson Executive Director, at Sahel Capital Partners
- Scaling Customer Acquisition by Tolu Adesalu Customer Service & Logistics Manager – West Africa, at Mondelēz International
- How to Effective Plan for and Manage Your Cashflow by Babajide Ibironke Group Chief Financial Officer, at Viathan Engineering Limited
- Accessing Larger Supply Chains by Rasheed Mohammed Chief Operating Officer, at Mores and Shambs limited
- 2022 FATE Foundation Impact Report on
- With support from Google.org, FATE Foundation Launches Programme for Women Micro-Entrepreneurs in Nigeria, Kenya, and South Africa on
- Policy Paper on the Revised Cash Withdrawal Limit: Implications for Nigeria’s Small and Growing Businesses on
- Setting up a plastic waste recycling business in Nigeria on
- 2021 State of Entrepreneurship in Nigeria Report on