The 2019 Aspiring Entrepreneurs: Digital Programme Launches This Week
This Week Following a successful run of the first ever full course Entrepreneurship Bootcamp programme focused on enabling Nigerian startups with digital strategies, FATE Foundation, and Facebook Nigeria will on February 19 commence the second year of this programme.
Co-Created by the two organisations, the Aspiring Entrepreneurs: Digital programme is a 4-week programme focused on enabling select young Nigerian entrepreneurs across the country with essential business and digital strategies, knowledge, skills, and tools to grow their businesses. Last year, 320 aspiring entrepreneurs across the country were selected from over 2,800 applications.
To be eligible, participants must be entrepreneurs who have already started their businesses, be between 18 to 35 years old, be computer literate and have access to a digitally enabled device.
As with last year, there will be 8 runs of the programme with 40 entrepreneurs chosen per city with the following timeline:
- Lagos I: February 18 – March 14, 2019
- Ilorin: March 25 – April 18, 2019
- Port Harcourt: April 29 – May 23, 2019
- Ogun state: June 10 – July 4, 2019
- Benin: July 15 – August 8, 2019
- Kaduna: August 19 – September 12, 2019
- Aba: September 23 – October 17, 2019
- Lagos II: October 28 – November 21, 2019
At the end of the 4 week programme, each stream will hold a local pitch competition where the 40 entrepreneurs all pitched to panel of local business and digital experts to select a winner to represent their class. The 8 local pitch winners will be Pitching at the grand finale competition to hold later this year.
Facebook strategic support includes sponsorship support to cover the N200,000 all-inclusive tuition fees for each of the 40 selected entrepreneurs all through the 4-week Programme. Other additional benefits include:
- Facebook Advert Credits (for the winners of the Pitch Competition)
- One Year (1) Mentoring Support from FATE Foundation
- One (1) Year Business Advisory Support from FATE Foundation
- Access to Free Business Support Tools & Applications
For additional details on the Pitch competition, application details and to apply, please visit www.fatefoundation.org/aep.
- Aspiring Entrepreneurs Programme [the 114th]: Of Cuisines and Connections
- Alumni Business Performance Survey
- FATE Foundation Graduates Over 700 Entrepreneurs Across 20 States In Nigeria
- FATE Foundation Launches the 2021 State of Entrepreneurship in Nigeria Report
- FATE Foundation and Facebook Announce 100 Small Business Cash Grants