FATE Foundation in partnership with Youth Business International (YBI) is pleased to announce the launch of the Aspiring Entrepreneurs Programme, Sustainability. This programme is delivered using YBI’s flagship Social and Green Toolkits. The Social & Green Entrepreneurship Toolkit brings together a collection of 14 tools developed to empower start-ups and existing businesses with a social and green focus. These tools cover a range of areas, from legal health checks to business future-proofing, and build on the entrepreneur’s knowledge and experience of what works and what doesn’t when it comes to working with social and green practices to run their business successfully.
The programme will run for 8 weeks. Participants will be exposed to an enterprise education programme focused on gaining essential business knowledge, strategies, skills, and tools to build sustainable businesses within the green and social ecosystem.
To qualify, entrepreneurs must have a minimum of Tertiary Education, be founder/co-founder of an existing business within the green and social space, be computer literate, and have access to and be able to use a digitally enabled device.
- The Target sectors: Renewable energy, Circular economy, Climate change, Green economy, Social Enterprise, Eco-friendly businesses, Sustainable agriculture, Water conservation and Sustainability Development.
- Early Stage Business (1 – 5 Years)
- Must have at least 2 Staff Members
- Must be Residence In Lagos And Ogun
- Age 18-40 Years
- Minimum Education: Tertiary Education
The Aspiring Entrepreneurs Programme, Sustainability curriculum has been designed to provide insight and relevant knowledge to aspiring and budding entrepreneurs within the Social and Green ecosystem leveraging on the 14 tools from the YBI Social and Green Toolkit designed to help Entrepreneurs in the targeted sector to start and grow Social and Green Enterprises.
The following 14 tools contained in the YBI Social and Green Toolkit would be used during the programme.
- Foundation of Social and Green Entrepreneurs
- Self-Reflection Framework
- Problem Tree Tool
- SDG Impact Wheel
- Value Proposition Canvas
- Social Business Model Canvas Tool
- Assumption Mapper Tool
- Experiment Card Tool
- Assumption Learning Card Tool
- Access to finance tool
- Legal Health Check Tool
- Theory of Change Tool
- Grow your business tool
- Logical Framework Tool
- Call for Application May 22, 2023- June 17, 2023
- Screening June 19, 2023 -June 23, 2023
- Programme Duration July 5 – August 25, 2023
- Call for Application June 19, 2023- August 05, 2023
- Screening August 7, 2023 – August 15, 2023
- Programme Duration August 25- November 4, 2023
Enterprise knowledge to support in navigating the social and green sectors.
- Access to business support tools and applications.
- Sector-focused sessions/ Masterclasses
- Data/Internet support during the programme
- Business Advisory support
- Access to funding and market linkages
Stage I: Interested applicants must complete the application form on the FATE SOAR Platform and upload the following documents:
- A Profile Picture (headshot facing camera)
- Certificate or Statement of result Tertiary Education
- Birth Certificate
- Curriculum vitae
- CAC Document (If Registered)
Stage II: Following a review of all received applications, 100 candidates will be shortlisted for a 10-20 minute phone/video interview after which 40 applicants will be admitted to the programme in each of the targeted locations.
Through the support of Youth Business International and other Partners, the programme is FREE to all entrepreneurs who successfully scale through the two application stages. This scholarship support from YBI covers all direct course fees including course materials, books, data support and post-programme support.
This is a Hybrid training, and it is expected that each entrepreneur enrolled for the programme must be from the location/state where you have applied for the programme. This will also be verified during the shortlisting/selection process.
Who Can Apply?
To be eligible, you must be:
- Between 18– 40 years old.
- Computer Literate.
- Have Access to a Laptop or Data Enabled Device
- Business must be within the Social and Green ecosystem.
- Have a minimum of Tertiary education and graduated from an Accredited Tertiary Level Institution.
- Must be able to participate all through the required programme duration.
- Must have at least 2 staff members
- In the early/startup stage and must have launched the business
When Can I Apply?
Applications will be open from May 22, 2023, for the Lagos cohort. We recommend applicants register 4 weeks before the programme deadline date as that is when shortlisting and interviews commence
How many entrepreneurs are you selecting?
40 entrepreneurs will be selected for the programme per State
Is there a fee to participate?
There is no Fee. The programme is free as all selected entrepreneurs will be on a Scholarship that has been provided by YBI.
How do I know if my application has been successful?
Only applicants shortlisted for the second stage will be contacted. If your application is successful, you will be contacted for the next stage.
Can I edit my application after I have submitted it or can I do a fresh application instead?
No. You cannot make changes after your application has been summited. Once you have submitted it, it becomes final, and you will not be able to edit the application. Also, multiple entries will be disqualified. So we encourage you to verify your application carefully before submitting it.
What is the time involvement expected for participants?
Each cohort will run for a period of nine (9) weeks and with an average of 2 days of involvement per week.
Where do I send my documents to?
When you fill out the application form, you will be able to upload your documents before you submit the form, ensure you merge all your document in a single file and make sure the size is not above 25MB to be able to successfully upload your document.
What if I do not have C.A.C. document, can I still apply?
Yes. You can still apply for the programme as long as you have other requirements.
Can a member of my team replace me in the programme?
No. Only the business owner/founder/co-founder is allowed to participate in the programme.
Where Should I Send any Enquiries?
Email [email protected]. Also, follow @FATE Foundation on Facebook and Instagram to keep up to date