Summer Business Support Programme
FATE Foundation is glad to introduce the maiden edition of the FATE Summer Business Support Program.
According to the 2015 FATE Foundation/Augusto & Co. Report on the Review of the Nigerian MSMEs Policy Environment, access to business services at affordable rates is a challenge many Micro Small and Medium Enterprises face. Similarly, a MSMEs Banking Study carried out by KPMG in 2014 on Strengthening Access to Finance for MSMEs in Nigeria showed that lack of business support services was a challenge many small and growing Nigerian businesses face.
About the Programme
The FATE Summer Business Support Program seeks to create a platform where Nigerian students in International business & other professional programs in the UK, USA & Europe will have the opportunity to intern as coaches in micro, small and medium scale enterprises in Nigeria towards providing business support. This knowledge exchange platform will be an opportunity for the coaches to provide business support provide to MSMEs by using the knowledge they are acquiring at their respective program. They will also have hands-on experiences working with start-ups and understanding the entrepreneurial environment in Nigeria. The students will be providing support in at least one of the following areas:
1. corporate strategy planning;
2. market research;
3. market strategy;
4. human resources management;
5. book keeping & accounting;
6. knowledge management;
What is the Goal of the Program?
The goal of the program is to improve the access of MSMEs to professional business support services by creating a platform that allows knowledge sharing between MSMEs and International post graduate business students through professional coaching.
Who Can Participate in the Program?
This summer, we welcome postgraduate students from UK, USA & Europe to register to participate in the program. Interested students should fulfil the following requirements:
• You must be a current postgraduate student studying for a business program in UK, USA & Europe.
• Students must be in Nigeria for their summer holiday and must be available to volunteer for 20-40hours for 1-2 weeks.
How to Register for the Program?
If you are a student who meets the above mentioned criteria, kindly send your interest for the program through an email to [email protected] on/before Saturday, August 13, 2016. The email should contain your CV/Resume and your interest area as indicated above.
- Aspiring Entrepreneurs Programme [the 114th]: Of Cuisines and Connections
- Alumni Business Performance Survey
- FATE Foundation Graduates Over 700 Entrepreneurs Across 20 States In Nigeria
- FATE Foundation Launches the 2021 State of Entrepreneurship in Nigeria Report
- FATE Foundation and Facebook Announce 100 Small Business Cash Grants